So you’ve just finished an intense bike session or perhaps an even more intense commute, and you need a snack stat! Fear not energy depleted rider, for the “on the run muffin” is here! Designed to be made ahead of time and consumed straight after a session, it's got protein, it's got iron and recovery-tastic vitamin B12 thrown in for good measure. They're quick and easy to make and wont have the kitchen looking too messy afterwards. Best of all, you can make them ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
1/3 cup milk
1 pepper diced
½ cup spinach chopped
¼ cup cheddar cheese grated
4 slices of ham *optional*
1. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the sides
2. Combine all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together
3. Next add in your diced pepper, ham and cheese, and once combined add in your spinach
4. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tray
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs have cooked, and the knife comes out clean
6. They will rise like muffins while in the oven, and then deflate slightly once removed from the heat- so don’t be alarmed by this!
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, consume them within 4 days of making